This super floral tea has soft notes of lilac, violet, orchid, and other sweet and mild flowers. Second steep has an aftertaste of mint that I quite enjoy. A tart note crept into the third steep; it has a “fresh” tang that makes me think of rhubarb, with maybe a hint of strawberry. As the cup cools the tart not fades and notes of butter and cream creep in.

Side note to self: don’t start a gongfu session at 10PM. It’s a waste of good tea. Things were just starting to get good too.

Steep Count: 4

(2016 Fall Harvest)

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Mineral, Mint, Orchid, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Violet

205 °F / 96 °C 5 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML
tea-sipper

Love this tea.

CrowKettle

Teavivre “guanyin” 2/14, and I think I’ve already sampled the good stuff. :)

Comments

tea-sipper

Love this tea.

CrowKettle

Teavivre “guanyin” 2/14, and I think I’ve already sampled the good stuff. :)

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland