Sipping this sample down by drinking it western (3min) and gongfu style (10sec, etc) simultaneously. Lots of seaweed and umami notes ensue. Would it be too much if I drank my seaweed tea while eating my seaweed snacks? Only time will tell.

Steep Count: 3 (x2)

(2017 spring harvest)

Flavors: Beany, Seaweed, Sweet, Umami, Vegetal

170 °F / 76 °C
Evol Ving Ness

I have been all over my toasted seaweed snacks this week.

CrowKettle

I’ve been on a roll with them since the beginning of spring. Buying enough and keeping them in stock around the house has been… tricky.

Evol Ving Ness

Also most excellent with leftover Korean rice and a dash of sesame oil. Yeah, addictive.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

I have been all over my toasted seaweed snacks this week.

CrowKettle

Evol Ving Ness

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland