The aroma oddly reminds me of a Cherry Vanilla Coke. The flavour fulfills the promise made by the aroma but the soda has gone flat and woody. The cocoa/chocolate note is prevalent and dark.

All-in-all, it’s not my favourite Chinese cocoa-black tea (yes, that’s my special name for them), but it’s still a lovely cup to cozy up to on a rainy fall day.

Steep Count: 3

(2017 spring harvest)

Flavors: Cherry, Clay, Cocoa, Malt, Vanilla, Wood

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland