Long ago, I had a bad experience with Dong Ding. It was from David’s Tea, and all I can remember is that I was incredibly unimpressed by it- so much so that I actively avoided buying any Dong Ding Oolong again.

Cue right now, where I’m internally grateful it was a part of my mass oolong sample order from Teavivre. My dead head and my deader stomach take up this fruit punch aroma like a peace offering. The flavour profile is akin to a vegetal lemon cream dessert- which is another reminder to me that it’s been a while since I’ve had some proper Vitamin C food. I would kill for a grapefruit or orange right now. No more junk food. Food illness sucks.

Another food this reminds me of is the Lemon Zest Sunflower Kale Spaghetti I sometimes make when I want vegetables and calories in a pinch. Maybe that should go back on the meal plan.

Steep Count: 5

(2016 harvest, I think)

Flavors: Cream, Fruit Punch, Lemon, Mineral, Mint, Spinach

190 °F / 87 °C 2 tsp 5 OZ / 147 ML

Lemon Zest Sunflower Kale Spaghetti

This sounds like an amazing thing.

Evol Ving Ness

And thankfully, I have had stellar experiences with Dong Ding oolong. May they continue.

CrowKettle

I think I need to do some intensive exploring, to make up for lost time. Have you tried this one yet

CrowKettle

And, yeah, it’s a pretty good and easy to make dish! I lack culinary skills, so when a spaghetti or stir fry recipe comes along that tastes great AND is balanced I cling onto it like a lifeline.

Evol Ving Ness

No, I haven’t tried this one yet by this particular company.

tperez

Dong Ding can be really good! I remember Tea Ave’s being especially nice, but it’s a bit pricey.

Evol Ving Ness

I remember a nice one from Janet’s Special Teas as well.

CrowKettle

After thoroughly enjoying their debut samples a few years ago, I keep meaning to revisit Tea Ave and check out their store front. Those prices though!

Janet’s another reason I need to make a trip to the island again!

Evol Ving Ness

Quite pleased with my purchases from Janet’s overall.

Tea Ave sounds fab. I have yet to try their teas. As for prices, well, oolong, yanno.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

Lemon Zest Sunflower Kale Spaghetti

This sounds like an amazing thing.

Evol Ving Ness

No, I haven’t tried this one yet by this particular company.

tperez

Evol Ving Ness

I remember a nice one from Janet’s Special Teas as well.

CrowKettle

Janet’s another reason I need to make a trip to the island again!

Evol Ving Ness

Quite pleased with my purchases from Janet’s overall.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland