Priority No. 3 of my great sipdown purge had to be one of my oolong pouches from Verdant. I don’t know why Verdant teas always winds up neglected in the back of my cupboard, but there it is.

I’m not going to write a proper note on this tonight. I steeped it in a cup that was previously holding the Sticky Rice Jin Xuan, and I fear some of the flavouring may have creeped over; either that or this Tieguanyin is incredibly sweet and creamy (but probably not subtlety highlighted with rice notes). The sweetness actually oozes in the finish and aftertaste, which is distinctively not from Sticky Rice.

(2016 harvest)

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Honeysuckle, Sweet

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland