drank Black Beauty by Mandala Tea

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Keemun, Laoshan Black, or any other non- What-cha Golden Snail black tea (so good). I’ve forgotten how comforting they are in their cocoa-malt predictability, and subtle but rich profiles. I thought I was over Chinese black teas; it’s probably the time of year? Oolong is out, black tea and white tea are in- I need to draw a better year plan for my tea drinking habits so I’m not struggling at the height of tea-drinking season.

Anyways, this one is really red. Red is good. Red is warm. Red is Christmas. I’m drinking this in a festive red cup too. Lots of red happening.

I’ll write a more thoughtful note later.

(2017 harvest)

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cocoa, Fruity, Malt, Muscatel, Red Wine, Stonefruits

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

everyone is tempting me garret! I miss my mandala teas!

Garret

Well, don’t let me tempt you! I wouldn’t want to do that. :) I’m working on a few new sources for 2018 in India and Japan, just looking at adding some new teas to broaden the ol’ tea horizon. I hope you’re really well, my friend!

CrowKettle

I only purchased Mandala teas a few months ago and ever since it’s been a constant battle to put off making another purchase. The free “new tea” samples I received were a complete bull’s eye for striking up even more temptation. Also, the dwindling levels of Milk Oolong on my end are unacceptable.

There is no winning this, but I wish you luck, Sil! :P

Comments

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

everyone is tempting me garret! I miss my mandala teas!

CrowKettle

There is no winning this, but I wish you luck, Sil! :P

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland