Yes, this is good too! Another magic black tea strikes again! I looked more into my previous black tea apathy, and it struck me that I actually have more black teas in my cupboards than any other tea type (including oolong). Seems I’m generally not picking up the right black tea for me. Maybe I need to go for more of this and less of the flavoured stuff.

Thank you for sending me some of this beautiful tea, Arby!

Steep Count: 2

(2017 harvest)

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Malt, Melon, Plums, Sweet Potatoes

black tea…yes to unflavoured ones that make your heart sing!

Dexter

Awesome that you are finding some blacks you love.

Leafhopper

I also have a preponderance of black teas in my cupboard, partly because my oolongs go so fast and partly because I don’t seem to pick black teas well. They’re either too malty or just weird. Here’s to finding black teas we enjoy!

Comments

black tea…yes to unflavoured ones that make your heart sing!

Dexter

Awesome that you are finding some blacks you love.

Leafhopper

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland