drank Carrot Cake Pancakes by 52teas

Another sipdown! Initially I hated this one because it was in my “Danish” packet- the tea I was most looking forward to in my order (Danish turned out to be in the Carrot Cake Pancakes pouch so I later forgave it).

Also, full disclaimer: I dislike carrots, cake, and pancakes. This tea is not meant for me but that didn’t stop me from enjoying how well-crafted it was. I’ve tried a few carrot cake teas in the past, from Butiki and David’s Tea, and this is possibly the best I’ve had.

It’s also a lot like the Stuffed French Toast (AQ2T) I sipped down recently but this is more on the mark, with an ingredients list I can get behind. It’s a full-throttled dessert tea and you must embrace your sweet tooth to fully appreciate it. It wouldn’t hurt if it was fall season either.

Flavors: Bread, Cake, Carrot, Cinnamon, Frosting, Maple, Nutmeg, Pancake Syrup

My favourites are teas like Milk Oolong, Silver Needle,and Japanese Sencha/Gyokuro, or fruity and floral flavoured ones. However, I generally enjoy ALL the teas, including a good old cup of Earl Grey or Breakfast blend.

FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS/NOTES:

DESSERT FLAVOURS
Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan, Butter

FRUIT & BERRIES
Citrus Fruits, Passionfruit, Banana, Pineapple, Melons, Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Elderberry, Persimmon, Rhubarb..

SPICES
Ginger, Turmeric, Clove-forward chai, Cardamom

AROMATIC & HERBACEOUS NOTES
Sandalwood, Frankincense, Juniper, Eucalyptus, Mints

FLORALS
Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Lilac, Violet, etc.

VEGGIE/GRAIN NOTES
Spinach, Grass, Hay, Cucumber, Rice, Sweet Potato

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:
Stevia, Apple, Cocoa Nib, Almond, Licorice, Cinnamon-forward blends, Chinese Sencha

Subjective Rating System:
I don’t give a lot of low ratings out, since a) I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me, and b) I don’t have a lot of strong dislikes.

90-100: Favourites. The Desert Island Teas.
80-89: Loved teas. Possibly staple-worthy.
70-79: Good teas, but I’m less likely to repurchase. Minor quibbles.
60-69: Ok teas. Likely a few preference and/or quality issues.
50-59: Cup of meh. Will do in a pinch.
11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea.
1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, an unholy abomination. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada