drank Banana Pancakes by 52teas

6th Day of Christmas Teas

I’ve been bad about staying on top of tea notes, but there’s nothing like getting Pink Eye with ColdTM to give you time to do the little things away from All Other Human Beings. I feel bad for taking time off work today (and probably tomorrow), when I’ve already taken 3 days off for health reasons in the last 6 months, but I don’t really see another option for this particular affliction. Please be less traitorous, immune system.

Anyways.. tea. This is a near perfect blend of banana and maple syrup sweetness. It kicks the the sugar cravings in the butt, while the black base also cuts the sweetness to finish with a malty, slightly astringent nip. It also takes nicely to milk, and is the perfect amount of richness for a cold day.

Flavors: Banana, Malt, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrup

VariaTEA

It’s messed up how people feel bad using sick days when they are actually sick. When I had gallstones I was in the hospital at 3 am refusing morphine for the pain because I wouldn’t be able to drive to work the next day. Around an hour later I finally gave in. 3 days, or even 5 days, in 6 months is not much at all but I get feeling bad for taking the time. Just take care of yourself and hopefully you feel better asap.

Mastress Alita

You guys wouldn’t feel guilty for that at all if you had any idea how many absenses I have because of my chronic migraines. I have to keep FMLA on file to keep my job and resubmit every year, otherwise I’d have lost my job from attendance (and I’m using my earned SL/VL FOR the FMLA, too…)

52Teas

If you’re sick, you need to take the time off – trust someone who didn’t think that an earache was a big enough deal and I put off going to the doctor until it was almost too late and I nearly died because that earache developed into meningitis. It’s better to take a day or two off now and get yourself taken care of when it’s a small matter than to wait until you are so sick that you need to be in the hospital for a while.

CrowKettle

Thank you for your insight everyone. It really puts things in perspective.

Comments

VariaTEA

Mastress Alita

52Teas

CrowKettle

Thank you for your insight everyone. It really puts things in perspective.

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland