Sample generously provided by Mandala Tea

(I think this is the Golden Daylily although my sample was only marked as “Jin Xuan”, so apologies if it’s another variant).

I was baad about mindfully drinking this sample; I meant to savour and make note of it properly but it turns out this Jin Xuan is an easy drinker (aka- totally chugged it. Sorry).

I do recall that it was juicy, silky and somewhat buttery, although not to the extent of the scented Milk Oolong, which knows no equals in its richness and creaminess. There was one particularly noteworthy cup where this Jin Xuan transformed into an extremely happy mango pudding; that was one fine cup.

Steep Count: 6

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Fruity, Mango, Smooth

Kittenna

Mango pudding tea sounds divine. Too bad it was only one cup, haha.

Evol Ving Ness

Happy mango pudding! Omgwow!

CrowKettle

I’ve encountered the mango note in Jin Xuan before (What-Cha’s China Fujian Anxi Jin Xuan had it), but this one outlier cup here was tastier. I would now like to see a mango flavoured milk oolong. XD

Comments

Kittenna

Mango pudding tea sounds divine. Too bad it was only one cup, haha.

Evol Ving Ness

Happy mango pudding! Omgwow!

CrowKettle

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland