Oh man, I feel bad I never made a proper note of this one while I had it. We will all just have to make due with this belated note.

This tea was consumed enthusiastically and without care by the tea drinker. It was wispy and sprite-like in nature, both in its fleeting non-committing flavour profile and brief but flighty sojourn in and out of my cup. Sometimes it tasted like nothing at all. Other times, like the sweetest of sugar crystals and smooth sensual grass. Gone before you know it – with memory altering effects that are sure signs that this tea might just be another moniker for the Springs of Elysium. Like, I don’t even remember the year I bought and consumed most of this tea.

You think this tea note is fluff but it was the tea that was fluff! And I want more despite not having the foggiest clue why. Thanks for all the confusing feels tea.

Flavors: Grass, Smooth, Sugarcane, Sweet, Vegetal

160 °F / 71 °C 1 min, 0 sec 2 tsp
Daylon R Thomas

The black version was sneaky too. I tried Gong Fuing it, but ended up grandpa and it was still too light. I westerned the second time with at least five grams, and it was better. It was still very light and a little bit confusing too, but it was smooth and sweet like a Taiwanese black

CrowKettle

Ha! That makes me feel less crazy and also a little envious I didn’t pick up the black tea version. I’ve had (Big Island) Hawaiian (white) tea before this and also recall it being extremely delicate and sweet but I pegged it at the time as being the result of the flavourful water there and the type of tea!

Comments

Daylon R Thomas

CrowKettle

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland