drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

Every year or so, I exhume the desecrated husk of my sole remaining Butiki tea and mourn anew. It’s a grizzly and macabre affair. It involves a lot of pining.

The ginger is now very bright, somewhat eclipsing the strawberry, which in turn has mostly drowned out the withered remains of the green tea base (why did I hoard a green tea? I should have gone with a black tea or something. I have so many regrets).

There is still beauty in the residue. Stacy made the best blends.

Flavors: Ginger, Nuts, Strawberry

tea-sipper

Butiki forever!

I still have so many Butiki teas I’m hoarding

CrowKettle

@Nattie, I don’t blame you! I’d be hoarding if I had your stash too. Some of the flavouring is as tough as nails.

I’m a tad over-dramatic in my note about the tea decay. Wven though this dragonwell is tired (oxidized brown), the original flavouring of strawberry and ginger is still pretty strong, if not stronger! Sometimes, I add a bit of fresh dragonwell when available and that brings back that missing dimension :)

Nattie

Hey that’s a great tip! Yeah a couple of my Butikis are at a point where I probably should call it and get rid of them, but I would say around 90% are still doing great! They’re fighters (: and it’s just as well too, with the amount I have left!

Comments

tea-sipper

Butiki forever!

I still have so many Butiki teas I’m hoarding

CrowKettle

Nattie

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland