Happily my new teapot set arrived from Camellia Sinensis, and my heart sank to find this 09 tea as the sample in the box. Of all the tea types, Darjeeling is one of my least favorite. So I approached it with some fear and trepidation. My familiar tea experiences are primarily with puerh tea. So naturally I’m far more comfortable with dirty, musty, moldy tea containing dried bugs, pods and pubic hairs. Really I am just not sure what to do with clean tea. Do I rinse it? Or is that sacrilegious?

Neon green in the cup. Tastes like sour corn. Guess I won’t be rating this.

Lindsay

“Not enough dirt, mold, bugs or pubic hairs.” That’s quite the tea review. ;)

Cwyn

Side effect of drinking puerh all the time, and then picking up a fresher premium leaf and not knowing what to do.

Lindsay

My advice would be to steep it like a green tea. Darjeelings are weird. :)

Stephanie

haaaaaa!

bef

What about that new teapot? Which one is it?

Cwyn

It’s Lin’s Ceramics. Still getting used to it. The spout really arcs the tea like a baby boy on a changing table.

Comments

Lindsay

“Not enough dirt, mold, bugs or pubic hairs.” That’s quite the tea review. ;)

Lindsay

My advice would be to steep it like a green tea. Darjeelings are weird. :)

Stephanie

haaaaaa!

bef

What about that new teapot? Which one is it?

Cwyn

I’m a tea drunk with baggage and issues. Convent trained, PhD, strong background in herbal infusions during those years. Started drinking green teas almost 20 years ago to address a kidney issue, now in remission, and never looked back. Seeking friends and curators with interests in premium and small batch teas. I drink all greens, and maintain a small collection of sheng and shu cakes. I am interested in first flush, wild leaf, ancient leaf, teas for and by monks and nuns, and difficult teas. My appreciation is high for subtle palates, though my own is rather average. Always interested in unique teas, brewing and storage issues.

Blog: http://deathbytea.blogspot.com/