drank Jasmine Pearl by Trader Joe's

This was one of my favorite jasmine teas for a while there when it was still in stock. It was before I was super into loose leaf teas, but I was pretty impressed at the quality considering it was bagged. It was my first pearl/ball tea and I was super amused at the preparation. I have had a bag or two kicking around for YEARS now and steeped one up today. The bag had a slight rip in it, so between that and the age I’m not expecting top notch flavoring. The instructions on the tag say to steep it for five minutes, but I steeped for only two since it is my standard for green teas. This still has quite a bit of flavor, although it is more muted than I recall. It has a slight sweetness to it and a nice aftertaste. I do wish TJ’s would bring it back because it would be a great jasmine tea to travel with.

My name is Dustin and I like tea.

I’m an added flavor kind of tea fan. I want my tea to remind me of cookies and cakes with coconut and almond slices with a hint of chocolate drizzled on top. I want dancing ponies and flying monkeys shooting off fireworks! I like a little sugar in my tea. I love caffeinated tea, but since I limit myself to one cup a day, I have been exploring more rooibos and honeybush teas. Rooibos now = meh and I have upped my caffeine tolerance. BRING ME CAFFEINE!!!!

Austin, TX