drank Pecan Pie by Dammann Freres

I just love this tea! It’s not the most sophisticated, delicate blend, but it’s so so good! Un thé très très gourmand!

I’m not sure how accurate the name really is. I definitely taste more almonds/marzipan, hazelnut and pistachio than I do pecans, but I don’t mind since I’m not crazy about real pecan pie which I find too sugary usually. But I do get the biscuit and honeyed sweetness, so this feels more like a “Inspired by the nuttiness and richness of Pecan Pie” than “Based on true Pecan Pie” rendition.

Bottom line, I just love all the nuttiness and pastry flavor. All my favorite flavors in one tea! So easy to drink!

It sounds like it should be a fall tea, but I catch myself reaching for it all year long, even in the summer when I want to indulge in something that feels rich and sweet. It’s like chocolate. Is there really a season for all this nutty goodness???? There can’t be!

Flavors: Almond, Hazelnut, Marzipan, Nutty, Pastries, Pecan, Sweet

I started drinking tea 3 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I adore, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi and Theodor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA