Advent calendar – day 8

I’m not sure I should review this tea since Earl Grey’s are not my thing. I don’t think they taste bad per say, but it’s not my cup of tea :p. Still, I had promised myself I would try them all, so I gave this one a try. Ironically, I loved the smell of it. Bergamot and lime. Very bright and happy.

In the cup, I liked it much more than I thought I would! It’s a very mild earl grey. Very approachable for someone like me who doesn’t love bergamot (but ironically loves BB Detox from Kuzmi tea which is all grapefruit and very bold). I liked the hint of lime and its delicate approach. I enjoyed my cup and if a friend offered one to me, I would enjoy it. I just wouldn’t buy it for myself. My daughter who loves earl greys on the other hand, thought it tasted delicious. The lime adds something bright and happy in there. I’m definitely glad I tried it!

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Lime

I started drinking tea 3 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I adore, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi and Theodor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA