Our annual Mother Daughter Tea with National Charity League was held virtually this year so we received a little package which included this tea, a honey stick and a few other goodies. The theme of the Tea ceremony this year was “Enchanted Forest” so I can see why this tea made sense. I went in with very low expectations, figuring that if we hated it we could enjoy a second cup along the same theme with Dammann Freres’ 3 Fruits Noirs or 4 Fruits Rouges. But I was wrong! I enjoyed this tea. We both did! We joined the zoom call, tea at the ready and it went down soooo easily that it was gone 15 minutes in. It didn’t resteep well, but it was very good the first time around. The berries came through and I didn’t find it too chemical tasting. The creamy vanilla rounded the flavor nicely. It was like the inside of a raspberry tart you can get in france: fruit forward and a little vanilla from the creme patissieres afterwards.

I kept the packet in case we come across it later and ended up finding it on Amazon. Someone on there mentioned they had come across it at the Grand Floridian at Disney World, and that’s SO fitting. It’s soft and whimsical. Just the thing you would find at Disney.

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA