2020 Advent Calendar, Day 3 This is another tea I picked up on my last trip to Paris. It sounded so good with its apples, pears, and mirabelle plums. And it promised some hazelnuts and chestnuts too. But I have been a little back and forth with this one. It is definitely very good, but it’s now “WOW” for me. I love the pears and mirabelles (which I miss so much), but I don’t get much chestnuts, hazelnuts or peach. It’s a little muted maybe? Especially compared to Noel a Venise which is very extroverted (can a tea be extroverted???). And that might be due to the nature of pears and plums, versus lemons. Ultimately, I didn’t end up rebuying it the last time I ordered because there were so many others I wanted to try out. But the calendar prompted me to give it another chance and it was better than I remembered. It’s all about those mirabelles…

Flavors: Pear, Plum, Sweet

Cameron B.

I like “extroverted”. Tea can have personalities too! But I get what you mean, this one is definitely more subtle in comparison.

ashmanra

Tea can be extroverted to me! I think Harney’s Cranberry Autumn is very extroverted, while Boston, which is also a cranberry tea, is very introverted!

EmmaM

Glad to know I’m not the only one to think they have a personality, lol.

Comments

Cameron B.

ashmanra

EmmaM

Glad to know I’m not the only one to think they have a personality, lol.

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA