last time i was in at david’s teas i was in to grab more ‘the earl’s garden’ because i’d burned through my supply and the woman inquired as to whether i was looking for something new. i hesitated, always interested in new tastes. ‘because,’ she continued, ‘if you like tea and berries you might like berry good.’ the woman knew me well enough to know that when in doubt my nose often makes my decisions for me. she opened the container and two things happened at once:
1) i saw tea with reddish bits
2) i smelled strawberries sitting on my patio in the summer sun
wow! what a smell! and the taste was as good as the smell….. the added bonus of puerh, which is one of my favourites.

this has become a combination wakeup/comfort tea for me. amazing but true, it’s hard to imagine both tea genres combined, but for me the description in entirely accurate. puerh for the wake up and summer berries to soothe the early morning start. (if you need more puerh power just increase the heat a bit and lengthen the steep…)

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (<—12 months).

There are instances where life affects us profoundly and leaves us wondering: 1) how did I change so much so quickly? (or more likely) 2) was I ever who I thought I was?

-Student of mediation.
-Apprentice feather gatherer for First Nations.
-Silver linings, photography, music, tea and the rhythms of the environment.

Allergies: coffee, rooiboos, stevia.

Current favourite quote (given the last year): ‘Just because we check the guns at the door, doesn’t mean our brains will change from hand grenades.’~ 21 pilots

everywhere