this is my follow up review for this tea.

a golden assam… it’s a novel idea. it certainly looks lovely, all golden and curled, reminding me of verdant’s golden fleece or a nice loose puerh. however, for me an assam is darker, has smokey notes or maybe cocoa which this one does not/is not.

i like my teas to stand out, to be really distinctive; comforting, a wake up in the morning, brilliant flavour… it can be distinctive in it’s subtlety. visually it is elegant, but when judging teas there should be something about the taste that you never forget— and honestly, this tea has none of that for me.

i wasn’t sure how i felt about a golden assam, i am now (or at least how i feel about this one). it’s not memorable for me on any level. hot short steep, cooler longer steep… it just doesn’t do anything for me.

OMGsrsly

This makes me nervous to try my sample. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

This makes me nervous to try my sample. :)

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (<—12 months).

There are instances where life affects us profoundly and leaves us wondering: 1) how did I change so much so quickly? (or more likely) 2) was I ever who I thought I was?

-Student of mediation.
-Apprentice feather gatherer for First Nations.
-Silver linings, photography, music, tea and the rhythms of the environment.

Allergies: coffee, rooiboos, stevia.

Current favourite quote (given the last year): ‘Just because we check the guns at the door, doesn’t mean our brains will change from hand grenades.’~ 21 pilots

everywhere