drank Rhubarb Cream by TeaGschwendner

new tea companies are so much fun to sort through… maybe even more so on low down dirty bad days like today.

i had concerns. it has been that bad a day….. but the tea smelled sooooooooo gooooooood. i mean wow. new germany tea company getting-to-know-you tap dance. should i? shouldn’t i? maybe i should just leave it for a better day….. aw, hell! maybe the tea would turn everything around! i put the kettle on.

the smell only got better. i was reminded of my gran’s kitchen with stewed rhubarb on the stove. it had the kind of smell that burned my fingers and my tongue, got me yelled at and lectured….. of course with standards like that (and the day i’ve been having) of course the smell and the taste didn’t match. sigh.

and then i had a moment. i was such a pest as a kid…. always wanted sugar on everything and thusly got it on virtually nothing. so when i ate my stewed rhubarb it was always with plain cream… no sugar, no nothing. and i always thought i was so hard up.

i really was a pest… i added plain cream. my day is much better. if you like stewed rhubarb this, my friends, is your tea.

smooth, tart but not bitter. cream component with no random chemical inflections. believe the 2 min steep.

sorry i’ve been a grouch today. don’t know what my problem’s been.

Not enough sil. ;)

caile

I love stewed rhubarb also! Haven’t tried it with cream though, only sugar. :-)

JustJames

not enough what, sil?

@caile, i highly recommend rhubarb and cream. =0) quite awesome.

Your problem…. You said you didn’t know what it was… Clearly. Not enough sil :)

Comments

Not enough sil. ;)

caile

I love stewed rhubarb also! Haven’t tried it with cream though, only sugar. :-)

JustJames

not enough what, sil?

@caile, i highly recommend rhubarb and cream. =0) quite awesome.

Your problem…. You said you didn’t know what it was… Clearly. Not enough sil :)

Student. Recovering extreme volunteer social worker from Tent City Victoria BC. (<—12 months).

There are instances where life affects us profoundly and leaves us wondering: 1) how did I change so much so quickly? (or more likely) 2) was I ever who I thought I was?

-Student of mediation.
-Apprentice feather gatherer for First Nations.
-Silver linings, photography, music, tea and the rhythms of the environment.

Allergies: coffee, rooiboos, stevia.

Current favourite quote (given the last year): ‘Just because we check the guns at the door, doesn’t mean our brains will change from hand grenades.’~ 21 pilots

everywhere