drank Big Easy by August Uncommon Tea

I have strong thoughts about AU’s marketing, but this is a sipdown and I want to get the tasting note down now. I’ll get into the marketing another time.

This blend tastes like sweet pineapple and lemon to me. I’m not picking up on caramel, pastry, barley, or the base tea. I’m a little disappointed that the sencha base is so thoroughly drowned out by the pineapple and lemon flavors. On the other hand, those fruit flavors are distinct, gently tart and not cloyingly sweet. I actually think this would have been delicious as a cold steep but I didn’t have enough leaf or patience left for it. It’s nice as a hot brew too, just nothing special.

Flavors: Lemon, Pineapple

Fjellrev

I am interested in hearing about your thoughts on their marketing!

Fjellrev

I am in complete agreement with everything you have said, and have only been able to justify purchasing blends when they go on sale.

Kaylee

Aww, it’s nice to know I’m not alone! I was a little nervous about posting it because we’re usually so positive but this really bothered me.

Fjellrev

I think people should be able to voice their opinions without being dog-piled, so I’m glad you did. But I know how you feel. I tend to keep my mouth shut a lot haha.

Kaylee

Notably, I didn’t get dog piled on this one. That’s encouraging to me, and I hope it will it encourage you not to keep your mouth shut either. Opinionated tea drinkers unite!

Comments

Fjellrev

I am interested in hearing about your thoughts on their marketing!