This came from Tea-Sipper, I bought some of this in her stash sale a few months ago along with some other goodies.

Not loving this one, maybe I need to play around with it some more. I don’t get any of the tasting notes that other’s have mentioned. There was a lot of safflower in my strainer. I wonder if that is what I’m tasting so much of. I get notes of anise, but am missing the cake aspect. The Cinnamon and cocoa shell comes through faintly and more so in the last few sips. For a Sencha it’s not very buttery. Maybe I didn’t store this properly. I’m not sure what treacle is supposed to taste like but I get the impression it’s supposed to be quite sweet which isn’t the case in this cup. I hope I have some better luck with this one in the future.

Flavors: Anise

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 15 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
Mastress Alita

Hmm, this was a very buttery sencha base for me. I remember it being very caramel-like in flavor. I ordered more during the tea elections, but the shipping from the UK is taking forever to get here. * sad face *

Lexie Aleah

That just means you’ll enjoy it even more once it arrives! (: Hopefully the next time I make it it will turn out better.

Scheherazade

I found it really buttery, too. Mine also had a lot of safflower – some of it I had to pull apart since it had clumped together so much!

Lexie Aleah

I definitely put a few safflower clumps in mine. I’ll try to break it up next time. Thanks!

tea-sipper

I HOPE this one isn’t losing flavor already! I suggest trying a two minute steep… sometimes that brings out more of the flavor while not oversteeping the base tea, especially when it’s a green tea.

Lexie Aleah

I’ll definitely try that! Thanks.

Comments

Mastress Alita

Scheherazade

tea-sipper

Lexie Aleah

I’ll definitely try that! Thanks.

2019 Sipdown Count:5
College Freshman
Lover of Animals and Books~

I’ll try any tea at least once.

Favorite Flavors:
-Peach
-Melon
-Spearmint
-Ginger

I drink tea for many reasons: For pleasure, health benefits, mindfulness, to help with anxiety, hydration because I have always struggled with drinking plain water.

Love: All Green teas,Sweetness, Chamomile,Eucalyptus,
Medicinal teas,Floral,Bergamot,Creaminess, Roasted, Stevia, Grassy, Vegetal, Matcha,Seaweed notes, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Jasmine.

Picky about:hibiscus,peppermint.

Can’t Stand:Lemongrass(I’ve tolerated it on a few occasions mainly in black teas.) I’m really sensitive to it. I don’t drink teas with figs in them either.

0-23 Rating Means I couldn’t finish the cup