There’s a nice juicy onset of grape on the tongue at first taste, which is underscored by a peppery quality and faint notes of cardamom. There are even some slight notes of melon. The finish is lightly astringent but wet feeling, not dry, which is pleasant.

There’s not a lot I can say about this except that it was a pleasantly surprising Darjeeling. I don’t profess to really be a huge seeker of black teas, so I usually go in thinking “I need warmth and caffeine.” When the flavor accompanying the brew is more complex than I expect, I’m charmed. This is nice. Not my cup of tea, but nice.

Flavors: Grapes, Melon, Peppercorn

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I’m a dedicated practitioner of Gongfu Cha and you can usually find me brewing my tea in a gaiwan, sometimes a small Gongfu-style teapot or Yixing pot. I tend to stick to straight teas and scented teas most often, though I dabble in tisanes and flavored blends sometimes. I use a Tokoname kyusu for Japanese green teas and a chawan for matcha.

My favorite tea is silver needles from Kenya. There’s just nothing quite like it. I’m really eager to explore more teas from the Mt. Kenya tea estates.

To me, tea offers a time of peace and reflection in solitude, or sharing and enjoyment with friends. It has become a huge part of my life lately.

Aside from tea, I’m a creative person. I love to cook, create music, write fiction, draw, decorate, and do just about anything creative I can get my paws on.

I am really interested in Asian cultures in all aspects. I really love Japanese anime and video games as well.

I’m a friend to animals of all kinds. I couldn’t live in a world without animals. Conserving and respecting them is very important to me. I’m a lion at heart. :3

My Tea Ratings:
0 = Unpalatable, harsh
25 = Unenjoyable
50 = I’m indifferent
75 = Enjoyable
100 = Incredible

Anything I rate 90 or above, I tend to consider “best quality” teas and ones that I would be likely to purchase more than once.

Kansas City, USA