drank Blood Orange by Zen Tea

Zen Tea continues to impress me with their teas and all I’m sampling from them.

There is nothing really wrong with this tea, I just don’t think it’s my style. I like spicy orange and lemon, but have never tried a blood orange tea. The blood orange does not seem artificial at all, and it does a great job of blending in the background, popping out it’s flavor, without overpowering the black tea. It is not cloying or fake. There is the small taste of acidic bitterness an orange has, but no bitterness in the tea. I’m glad the black tea does not have a bitterness of its own – otherwise that could be a disaster.

The tea also leaves behind a nice taste in the mouth – clean and similar to drinking citrusy drinks. Overall the quality of the tea is quite good, it’s just a flavor that I’m going to keep around as a staple.

Flavors: Orange

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringent.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine. Strangely, I’m not a darjeeling fan. I do dig Oolongs and recently found and fell in love with Lapsang. Like golden teas.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’ve cut back a lot on sweet, iced tea because of weight/diet, but when I do drink that stuff, I’ve taken to iced tea cubes and fruit cubes over regular ice cubes. A lot of fun experimenting with and works so much better. No watering down.

KEEPER SHELF
Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea
Golden Monkey (Harney & Sons or other source)
Paris by Harney & Sons
Bog Goblin Lemon Ginger Tea by Coffee Shop of Horrors
Christmas Tea (Bags) by Twinings
Lapsang Souchong by Zen Tea
Plum Brandy Cheesecake by Butiki Teas (Sadly gone)
North Winds by Whispering Pines

On the lookout for my perfect loose leaf Breakfast Tea and my ultimate Chai blend…

Besides tea, I love BOOKS and reading all sorts of things – run the website, The Paperback Stash, and active on Goodreads for several years. Also a huge music lover – books and music are my mains. Have an last.fm account and over 100 created playlists on 8tracks under JCFantasy23. Christian for life. Have a mean cat I love. People wise, blessed with the greatest son in the world, amazing parents and brother, perfect friends. Life is good.

Lakeland, Florida, United States