drank Maple Pecan Black Tea by Design a Tea

Oddly, I don’t have this in my cupboard, even though Dexter3657 sent some to me a while back.

I’ll say it again, even though I’m repeating myself: I love the concept of this company! Make my own tea blends? This rocks!

Out of the bag it definitely smells like a maple syrup pecan black tea, and it vaguely reminds me of a Cabane a Sucre I went to when I was 19 just outside of Montreal. We started the day by learning how to tap maple syrup, then rolling it in ice for maple syrup lollipops, then eating a 12 course meal (where everything had maple syrup in it, including the drinks), and then listening/dancing/singing along to French Canadian music. Yes, this is a fond memory, and this tea evokes it easily.

I did steep this one way too long (again), as I seem to have almost every black during the past few days. What can I say? I was packing up tea for Dexter3657, Sarah, and a colleague in Australia. Still, the flavors are present, even if there’s a bit of dryness to the blend. Maple? Check. Pecan? Only slightly, at the end of the sip, and it seems to be what’s feeling dry. If I could figure out how to bring out the pecan a bit more, this would rank higher. Luckily, I have enough to play with a bit.

Boiling 8 min or more
Tuscanteal

I didn’t know the Breville could be set to steep for 20 mins… Or are you doing the old fashioned way? Set an alarm on your phone

MissB

I’m only drinking one cup at a time of late, just to try out more teas. The only downfall of the Breville is that I have to brew quite a bit of tea at once, and sometimes I just want to try something out. So I’ve been using the Breville to boil the water to the right temperature, sticking a tea bag of loose tea in my mug, and then… doing something else. :$

OMGsrsly

Isn’t the minimum 500ml? :D That’s a “cup” for me…

Comments

Tuscanteal

MissB

OMGsrsly

Isn’t the minimum 500ml? :D That’s a “cup” for me…

Almost all of the tea was given away, sold, or otherwise shared. A few relics still remain. I now travel full time with only two carryon bags to my name. One quarter of those bags are tea.

It’s still a challenge to avoid the chipmunk-like hoarding of The Teas, yet, the lightness of being from having so little compels me more.

If I have enough, I’m happy to share. If I’m in your area, I’d love to swap, meet for tea, and explore together.

As for the day-to-day stuff, I’m focused almost entirely on Love, (yes, with a capital L), Spirit/Self, transformation, travel and my writing and speaking work.

What kinds of teas do I normally like?

YES: flavored teas, fruity, dessert, chai, and spicy (REALLY spicy).

A FONDNESS FOR: all white teas, malty black teas, any herbal or medicinal teas, strange/weird teas you can only get in one place.

ALLERGIC TO: strawberries, lavender

DISLIKES: any added sugars, grains, lapsang souchong, and overly floral teas – I might enjoy a Jasmine Green every once in a while, but unless it’s a creamy floral tea (think roses in a chai, or the smoothness of a floral note in a French tea), I’ll likely pass. Earl Greys are a hit or miss with me; heavy on the cream or fruit notes and I might like it, heavy on the blergamot and I definitely won’t.

Canada