drank Vintage Darjeeling by Twinings

This tea has a beautiful colour. It has a sweet smell, like a fruit tree’s leaf (a cherry tree, I thought) and also smells like fermentation. The tea itself is very present in that smell. It reminds me of one of my primary school friend’s garden – she had a giant cherry tree in the middle of her garden, where we used to play in the summer. I’m very fond of these memories.
The tea has a very floral taste, almost herbaceous. It tastes like a footpath that leads into a forest going up a mountain. It almost reminds me of sap.
It also opens up in its flavors as it cools down, which means that drinking it slowly is really interesting.
Oh, and the loose leaves are beautiful.

Flavors: Cherry, Herbaceous, Pine, Sap

Recently got into tea-tasting (summer 2018) – before that I enjoyed tea without really thinking about it.
I like: nice, fresh Earl Greys, teas that don’t pretend to be better than they are, and teas that I can afford.
I don’t like: apple added for texture, flavors that die quickly, tea that tastes like a Nature & Découvertes shop.

I’m still in the process of shaping my tea preferences so I’m trying everything I can find. I’ve always been very fond of Mariage Frères’ flavoured teas; I’m currently looking into Dammann Frères’ stuff and desperate for a few Fortnum & Mason blends.

Hit me up for tea shop recs in Alsace (France)!

My ratings: