After my Sencha note the other day, I received a package from Verdant Tea, with this Green tea inside. I purchased the 5 for $5 sampler pack to try some of their teas, and so far, this is starting out to be a good deal!

Anyway, this tea is pretty solid. It’s smooth, vegetal, slightly buttery, and grassy. As I’ve mentioned previously, I’m not one to drink Green teas often, so these are mostly common acquisitions that I make while drinking Green tea. However, I’d love to explore Greens more often, and get a feel for them, as I have other teas.

I could drink this type of tea daily if given a chance. I find it refreshing, soothing, and comforting; which is a pleasant tea to acquire when you work with children! Ha-ha.

I brewed this Western Style (an Adagio tea maker). I gave it a quick rinse before giving it a go. I steeped the first round for 15 seconds, the second for 20 seconds, and I’m currently on the third steep (25 seconds). There is a lot of flavor still present with this, so I’m expected to get 5-6 steeps out of this sample altogether.

Flavors: Butter, Grass, Seaweed, Vegetal

160 °F / 71 °C
tanluwils

This is a green from North China’s Shandong province. Ive had Shandong greens before and quite enjoy their nutty notes. If you liked this one I highly recommend you try Yunnan Sourcing’s green teas. All very fresh, unique, and tasty.

S.G. Sanders

I’ll have to give them a try! I just recently stocked up on tea for a while, but I’ll consider stocking up on Green tea from YS. I enjoy their teas quite a bit.

tanluwils

Yeah, Quality wise, it really is like going to the tea markets in China—vast variety, fresh, and almost always a bargain.

S.G. Sanders

Very nice! I might have to give it a try sooner…

Comments

tanluwils

S.G. Sanders

Very nice! I might have to give it a try sooner…

I’ve been drinking tea for a couple of years. It all began in college when a roommate had introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it was time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

A little bit about me: I enjoy writing, an avid hiker, a tea drinker, book collector, and gamer.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Northeast Ohio