I decided that a chai would be particularly good for a cool morning such as this morning. The warmth and sweetness that a chai offers is quite desirable on a morning such as this.

Now, I must note, that as much as I do like the occasional chai, I still don’t care for them as much as I do other teas. I guess the best example would be to say that I’d drink Pumpkin flavored beverages only because it is “the season” to have it, so I might as well try it once before it goes away again.

With that said, this tea is okay. I like the minimal spice that this cup brews. It isn’t as strong as the chai that I usually drink, but it IS smoother/lighter than others I’ve had in the past. It reminds me of a watered down Masala chai, with a bit more astringency/bitterness than most. I had to add a bit of cream to take away that astringency, though; otherwise, I would have disliked it altogether. The milk really makes this tea palatable.

I’ve been drinking tea for a couple of years. It all began in college when a roommate had introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it was time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

A little bit about me: I enjoy writing, an avid hiker, a tea drinker, book collector, and gamer.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

Northeast Ohio