drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

I received this sample some time back to try. I have been bad at getting into the sample box in 2016, however, I’ve maintained a daily schedule to try at least one sample per day (with a review included) in this New Year.

I had the wife grab something from the box today, and she really thought this would be a good tea that we’d both enjoy. It was a good tea to have with her as we both started into the day. Our goal over the weekend is to enjoy a cup of tea together and catch up on everything which had occurred over the week. Unfortunately, we are both on different schedules now, so when I come home at night, she’s already in bed. However, she thought that it’d be best to involve herself in my habit, which allows us the time to chat & enjoy the gift of tea together.

I definitely enjoy blends like because it allows me to take a break away from oolong, pu-erh or other pure teas. It allows me to return to my roots and understand the beauty of having just a cup (or a pot) of tea with others. Tea is a bridge that allows me to connect to others, as well as take time aside to converse and enjoy another’s company. And as much as I enjoyed this blend, I had enjoyed it more with the person spent drinking it with me. :)

Notes: This was brewed western style with boiling water; steeped for 5 minutes. Alpine Punch is fairly nice for a rooibos blend. I thought it had a very thick mouthfeel, with strong nutty and vanilla notes.

Flavors: Nuts, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla

I’ve been drinking quality teas for a couple of years. It all began in college when an old roommate introduced me to loose leaf teas.

I figured that it’s time to have a place to go to, where I can share my thoughts and opinions with others on teas; while expanding my palate and learn about new teas from others.

As C.S. Lewis once said, “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

A little bit about me: I’m a writer, an avid hiker, a poet, a teacher, a tea drinker, and I like collecting books. I enjoy the journey in the woods—the calm of the river and/or creek as it carries itself along the woods. I love people, and I enjoy conversations and meeting others to talk about books, tea, etc.

Rating Scale:

0-69 is below average (never try/buy again)

70-85 is average (glad I tried it, but will never buy it).

86-100 is beyond average (I want more).

PS. I really like oolong (Dancong, Alishan, Bug Bitten, etc), Sheng, & shou puerh.

Northeast Ohio