dexter sent me some moonlight samples to try out and i figured i really ought to get to them asap. I’m still a shou lover but i’m always open to experiments and trying things out, especially when friends are also trying them (terri i miss the BBB!)

This one has an initial sweet smell, though after brewing it for a number of steeps and trying it with both a lower temp and hotter with flash steeps – i remain unconvinced that this is a puerh for me. It was, for me, a rather boring and uneventful brew. Closer to water than anything else though there was none of that bitterness that i sometimes find with raw puerh. Not a bad experience but nothing to convince me that it’s for me :) thanks dexter!