drank Orange Pekoe by Mother Parkers

What an interesting few days!
Sunday I had my final baby shower. We also got hit with quite the snow storm. Like to the point where I couldn’t get the car out of the driveway.
Then Monday… well the greatest and craziest thing happened. I had my little boy!
Monday went by like any other day. I hung out… went for dinner with my dad and just as I was about to go to bed that night, I started to get some weird symptoms. Come to find out my water was starting to break but I wasn’t sure if that’s what was happening for sure or not. Anyways I eventually decided to go to the hospital to get checked out and I went from 2cm to 8cm in an hr. Our little guy was born about 3hrs after I got to the hospital. It was the fastest delivery of a first baby ever! Born at 35.5weeks. Isaac William James is 4lbs 11oz. 19" long.

Only problem is his lungs aren’t quite right yet. He’s on a ventilator right now and we’re hoping and praying that’ll change soon. He’s slowly getting there but it’s taking a while. I’m hoping he can stay breathing on his own fully soon.

Alright onto the tea. This is the one they have ay the hospital and honestly it’s not too bad. I’ve loaded the cups up with milk and sugar and there has been something so comforting about it. Maybe it’s cause it’s the only tea I have on hand but it’s been great to have. I’m so thankful for it today and yesterday. I’m slowly getting anxious for loose leaf again but honestly it doesn’t matter. Thinking about tea is just my distraction for worrying. I know the little guy should be fine but I’m really having my moments. And it’s hard not getting to hold him. I’ve only held him once and it wasn’t long enough. And I was in such shock from giving birth that it feels like a dream instead of reality. Hoping today I’ll hold him again.

Wow I’m really using this tasting note to voice all my thoughts and fears. .. haven’t really voiced all this yet. It’s kinda nice to get it out.

Well fix all the spelling errors later. On a phone it’s too tough

Christina / BooksandTea

Wow. Congratulations and I’m glad your labour went fairly quickly. Here’s hoping your son recovers quickly too.

ohfancythat

Congratulations! I remember all too well the fear and excitement involved with the birth of your first baby (ours just turned 1 in december)…. I hope your little man recovers asap so you get to hold him again. Just knowing his mom is there will definitely help him.

caile

Congratulations, and best wishes that you and baby will be home together soon!

rosebudmelissa

Congratulations! I’ll keep you and Isaac in my prayers. Hopefully you’ll be able to hold him again soon.

Nightshifter

Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! Sending well wishes that you both can go home together soon. <3

Anlina

Congrats! I’m sure your baby will be fine and back in your arms soon.

Good hospital tea is a precious rarity. I drank so much bad hospital tea when my mum was in, and it was really only distinguishable as tea because it was hot, brown liquid that clearly wasn’t coffee.

Indigobloom

Wow, congrats!! You’ll get to hold him soon! Sending positive vibes

TheKesser

Thanks everyone! I didn’t get a chance to hold him, but he’s doing so much better. He’s completely off the ventilator, they don’t have to give him as much oxygen, and the tube they had in his mouth has been taken out. (It removed extra air out of his stomach so the lungs had the space to expand.)
I’m home again. The doctor has been really impressed with my progress. And hopefully tomorrow we’ll have even better news!

ohfancythat

Good luck with everything!! So glad to hear he’s doing better and that you are doing well also.
This painful waiting period will end in the truly amazing experience of being (re)united with your tiny beautiful son :)

Comments

TheKesser

Well fix all the spelling errors later. On a phone it’s too tough

Christina / BooksandTea

caile

Congratulations, and best wishes that you and baby will be home together soon!

rosebudmelissa

Nightshifter

Anlina

Congrats! I’m sure your baby will be fine and back in your arms soon.

Indigobloom

Wow, congrats!! You’ll get to hold him soon! Sending positive vibes

Updated Dec. 14/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m the proud mommy of two sweet little boys! One born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
The second one came just Monday evening at only 2 weeks early so he’s healthy and perfect!
Life just got so much more busy and crazy but I’m so excited.
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada