The green tea is strong with this one. haha

Senchas tend to be strong flavoured from what I’ve noticed in my journeys thus far. So, the base is strong, but thankfully not overpowering. I still get the lovely flavours of the tea coming through. There’s something almost creamy about this tea and I think it’s the coconut coming through and actually probably the vanilla too, but it pairs so well with the fruity flavours of the papaya and maybe the pineapple.

I am very pleasantly surprised by this one. I didn’t think I’d like this one. I was going to give it away, but I’m actually sort of glad I didn’t.

I do wish that Steeped Tea would indicate water temperature for steeping. They don’t and all I can think of is how many people are steeping up their teas at the wrong temperatures and burning their lovely teas…? So sad, but what can you do. I let the kettle cool for about 10mins before having this one. And it seemed to be just right. Only steeped for about 2.5mins too. (I got inpatient and didn’t want to wait the extra 30sec for the 3min steep.) But I must say, I’m glad that I didn’t steep longer. It would have been too much otherwise.

not having steeping instructions on packages drives me nuts. Or the same generic steeping instructions on all the teas.

Kristal

Yeah, I’ve noticed just the generic steeping on the backs of their teas (i.e. herbals- boiling – 4-5 min, etc). I tend to only buy herbals from them so it doesn’t make too much of a difference in that regard. However, one tea I had issues with was called Zingy Ginger. Normally I used 1.5 tsp of tea per cup and that’s what I did but the tea was full pieces of ginger and other spices and it ended up so crazy spicy I couldn’t drink it. After trial and error I learned to just put 1/2 tsp in with some peppermint tea for an upset stomach, but that tea serves as an example to why they should consider putting specific instructions on all of of their teas :/

TheKesser

I completely agree! I just don’t understand why their instructions are so generic. There are a lot of people that only drink steeped tea that I know and they have no idea that there are better ways to steep up their teas than what the packaging says. It just makes me cringe every time. And I noticed the consultants don’t mention water temperatures either.

Kristal

Ugh, water temperatures are so important! I can’t stand when people who drink tea don’t understand the importance of letting the water cool. I was talking to my mother in law about teas we like (I drink mainly green tea and then herbals in the evening) and she said “Japenese Sencha- that one had kind of a bitter taste right?” I said “Not if you make it right!”

This is a woman who has more tea in her tea collection than I do (although she doesn’t drink it as consistently as I do). Ughhh

oh no!!
I have a friend that loves green tea and she leaves the tea bag or tea leaves in the entire time she’s drinking the cup of tea. I was like… “uh, doesn’t that get super bitter by the end of the cup?” and she just shrugged her shoulders. haha
I got a cup of green tea from Starbucks one time and the time it took to drive from the Starbucks to the mall which was just across the street and down a few stores it was so bitter I couldn’t drink it. I can’t imagine if I left the bag in the whole time!

Wow, no kidding!

Whenever I order green tea from a coffee shop (which is rare) I always ask for the bag separately, wait for the water to cool (10-20 min), then steep it for about 30 sec. That way its actually half decent.

TheKesser

That’s a really good idea! I may have to do that the next time I get a green tea!

Comments

oh no!!

Wow, no kidding!

Updated Dec. 14/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m the proud mommy of two sweet little boys! One born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
The second one came just Monday evening at only 2 weeks early so he’s healthy and perfect!
Life just got so much more busy and crazy but I’m so excited.
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada