drank Zomba Pearls by DAVIDsTEA

My taste buds are off today. I have my four wisdom teeth out yesterday and today I’m attempting tea. haha I actually feel really good. I had no pain yesterday whatsoever, which makes me really happy. Today I’ve got a little bit but it’s more of a sore jaw then pain from the incisions. I’ve taken an advil to see if it’ll help. I probably should have taken two.

Anyways, so I decided that this was the tea to have as I can’t eat too much yet. Lots of pudding, yogurt and soups… and I’m going to attempt scrambled eggs and a soft tea biscuit if I can make myself mix them up and bake them.

So, I am having a hard time getting all the flavours from this one like I was hoping. I really wanted to taste the buttery-ness to this one as that’s what drew me to it. I wanted something with that taste because frankly I’m so hungry and want something, anything that is of substance. haha Either way, I’m not really getting the buttery, but rather the straw flavour from this one. There might be a hint of butter or something…

Like I said, my tastebuds are off today, but that’s okay. I’ll eat something, I’ll continue to heal and life will continue to be good. My baby is coming home early today (he was suppose to be at my mom’s until this evening, but she’s not sure how to keep him entertained I guess so she’s bringing him back.) I’m not too upset though. It’s been more than 24hours since I’ve seen him, so I miss him and I’m sure he does too. :)

Christina / BooksandTea

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, I ate a lot of mashed potatoes. That would be easy to chew and give you your butter fix, I think.

TheKesser

That’s a good idea!

Comments

Christina / BooksandTea

TheKesser

That’s a good idea!

Updated Dec. 14/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m the proud mommy of two sweet little boys! One born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
The second one came just Monday evening at only 2 weeks early so he’s healthy and perfect!
Life just got so much more busy and crazy but I’m so excited.
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada