Today I tried something a little different for this tea, in order to see if it makes me like it more. Also, I didn’t want to spend much time on the session. That’s why, I only used about 2.5g in a 100ml gaiwan filled to about 2/3 each time. On top of that, I also broke the dry leaves to about 1/5 of their original size, so that the extraction is faster.

The resulting tea is less pungent and lighter bodied. However, the taste is more robust and in fact manifests its more subtle aspects better. I am happy with how it turned out and I will continue experimenting with this tea further in the future.

Flavors: Almond, Coconut, Herbaceous, Hot hay, Menthol, Milk

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 3 g 2 OZ / 60 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds.

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and only recently (in 2017) started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth. I rarely drink blends or white tea and avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied. The one thing that I am currently missing in my collection are teas from India, in particular some Darjeelings.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada