This is a beautifully fragrant mountain oolong that presents a very good value. Moreover, it can be drunk on empty stomach with no issue whatsoever. The dry leaves smell of cookies and coconut, while the wet leaves have a pungent floral aroma with a sausage tone to it.

The taste progression is roughly the following. The onset is grassy and fruity, transforming into a tart, vegetal taste soon. The finish is quite savoury with strong umami, followed by a sweet, floral aftertaste. It’s a delicate and nuanced flavour. I get notes of custard, baked apple, apple skins and courgette. In the later infusions, the sweetness intensifies.

The protracted aftertaste is cooling and biting, with notes of butter and sugar. As for the texture, it is mouth-watering, very slick, buttery and medium bodied. I also found the tea to leave me fairly uplifted on every occassion I drunk it.

Flavors: Apple Skins, Butter, Candied Apple, Coconut, Cookie, Custard, Freshly Cut Grass, Fruity, Grass, Meat, Sugar, Sweet, Tart, Umami, Vegetal, Zucchini

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds.

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and only recently (in 2017) started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth. I rarely drink blends or white tea and avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied. The one thing that I am currently missing in my collection are teas from India, in particular some Darjeelings.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada