This tea seems more about aromas than the taste or texture, even though those are interesting too if one pays close enough attention.

Dry leaves smell of forest, mint, plum and fenugreek seeds. Among the notes after the rinse are freshly baked bread rolls, ammonia, burdock, blackberry and carrot.

The taste is subtle and can at times appear to be somewhat weak. Beneath the overall mineral character and black grape note, however, there lies a multitude of fleeting flavours.

As for the mouthfeel, I found it to be quite silky and numbing. It is a slightly unusual texture I’d say, coupled with the lighter body than what one might expect from white teas with comparable character in this aspect.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Forest Floor, Grapes, Mineral, Mint, Pastries, Plants, Plums, Rainforest, Sweet

4 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds.

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and only recently (in 2017) started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth. I rarely drink blends or white tea and avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied. The one thing that I am currently missing in my collection are teas from India, in particular some Darjeelings.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada