Here’s a well balanced, intricate, and full-bodied Dong Ding – one that I would happily reorder given its reasonable price. It has the right amount of roasting to drink young. Maybe as the only drawback I would mention that the taste is a bit muted and the aftertaste somewhat simple.

Dry leaf aroma is very nice and memorable already. It has a somewhat earthy and cooling base with notes of apple, parsnip, and beeswax on top. During the session, the scent is also fairly complex and mostly floral with some complementary vegetal and sweet, woody tones.

The taste is well balanced, but overall skewed towards mineral and savoury flavours. Bitterness and sweetness are present too, the latter especially in the aftertaste. Specific notes includes ones like bone broth, raisins, butter, lavender, and parsnip.

As I mentioned already, liquor is thick and has a very nice brothy and bubbly mouthfeel. The chh qi is pleasant too and mind clarity inducing.

All in all, a lovely tea that I can definitely recommend.

Flavors: Apple, Bitter, Broth, Earth, Honey, Lavender, Meat, Mineral, Parsley, Raisins, Sweet, Thick, Vegetables, Vegetal, Wet Rocks, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia