[Summer 2016 harvest]

The dry leaf aroma of this tea is very nice – medicinal, sweet and fruity. During the session, malty and herbaceous notes emerge on top.

Overall, the tea is tasty, easy to drink and has a good longevity at a very reasonable price. The taste is well-balanced with the dominant notes again being sweet and medicinal ones. There is a woody backbone and a slightly citrusy fragrance in the finish. In the aftertaste then, honey and wood are the associations that come to the fore.

The body is medium and the mouthfeel smooth and buttery with just a hint of a fermentation fizziness to it.

Flavors: Citrusy, Fruity, Herbaceous, Honey, Malt, Medicinal, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 140 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia