A really lovely example of a GABA oolong here that has both complexity and depth that can sometimes be a bit lacking in this category. The body is medium with a lovely slick, oily liquor texture that’s super smooth at first and develops a bit of astringency in the finish. It does, nevertheless, have a subdued aftertaste. That would be my main objection with it I’d say.

As for the notes, the dry leaf aroma is a mix of cinnamon, peach, pear, danish pastries, custard, and chocolate – all blended into a pungent mix. After the rinse, scents of stone fruits, menthol, and brown sugar emerge to take over.

The taste is sweet and smooth with main flavours being represented by those of char, orange zest, and cloves. There are, however, many more fruity ones of varying intensity. In the aftertaste, I notice hints of oats, forest honey, and dried tangerine as well.

Flavors: Apricot, Brown Sugar, Char, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Cloves, Custard, Dried Fruit, Honey, Menthol, Oats, Orange Zest, Pastries, Peach, Pear, Smooth, Stonefruit

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia