drank Dong Ding, AAA by Tea Joint

This Dong Ding is the last tea left for me to write about from my Tea Joint order. It is pleasant and very refreshing, but didn’t leave a strong impression ultimately.

The dry leaf aroma is quite interesting with notes of nectarine pits and flowers, followed by milk chocolate and aperol in a preheated pot. During the session, I got a kind of Mediterranean vibe from it, a bit like rosemary flowers.

The taste is sweet and vegetal, displaying flavours of linseed oil, lavender. In the mouth, I get a numbing sensation and the body is medium to light I’d say.

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Flowers, Herbaceous, Lavender, Nutty, Stonefruit, Sweet, Vegetal

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 160 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Bratislava, Slovakia