Yesterday’s tea.

This little sample from Garret must have gotten a bit lost in my huge collection of teas. I was searching for a green tea yesterday morning and came across this sample.

The dry leaves looked so dark. I would have taken it for a black tea or roasted oolong. The leaves were long and twisted.

This tea was a nice surprise. First thing I noticed was how sweet it was. Sweet, nutty & smooth. Then it’s got this mild roasted flavour to it. It’s nutty & sweet along with the roasted.

I find with oolongs there’s a huge difference between a light oolong and a roasted oolong. I’m just using that example to explain how roasting changes a tea a lot. This was a surprise because all the elements I love in a green tea: nutty, buttery, smooth, chestnut notes, sweet – were all there along with the light roasted flavour….kind of like roasted chestnuts!

I just sorry it took me so long to try this tea. It’s really a great tea!

Flavors: Butter, Chestnut, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet

Green teas are my favourite teas but I also enjoy: white, some herbal,rooibos, raw pu’erh, light oolongs, a little bit of black , and a little bit of ripe pu’erh. I have moved away from artificial flavourings and there’s hardly anything left in my cabinet with artificial flavouring or colours. It is mostly straight teas or tea blends.

Ontario , Canada