drank Random Steepings by Various Artists

Taking a caffeine break and steeping a tea I bought from some cheap Chinese ebay shop. Who knows what pesticides and what not are contaminating this, but I’m drinking it anyway because its cheap and I like the thrill and danger of cheap ebay tea. Did a 20 second rinse in cold water before steeping though.

Steeped 6 bright red rose buds /just/ between bud stage and fully open flower stage. They are smaller like buds, but are not tightly close/unopened.

Steep 1: Very fragrant and floral. I would describe it as distinctly rose, but one of the extremely fragrant older varieties. The heritage breeds aren’t always as pretty as the new hybrids, but sometimes you can’t beat a flower bred for hardiness and smell alone.

Steep 2: red apple, floral rose

Steep 2: perfume “rose” taste (artificial), mildly vegetal

Really, really tasty. It also tastes a lot different than a rose bud tea I bought from GrandTea. My other one is also fragrant and rose-scented, but different. I guess each variety of rose will taste different.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Perfume, Red Apple, Rose

190 °F / 87 °C 2 min, 45 sec 4 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

I think I speak for everyone here when I say tea is one of the greatest luxuries in life.

I am a biochem major hoping for a career in research genetics and evolutionary biology. I love science fiction and spend too much of my time reading comic books. I’m a passionate keeper of spiders and exotic plants. I eat a vegan, plant-based diet for moral and environmental reasons.

I drink mostly flavoured and low caffeine teas/tisanes, but I will try anything twice. As far as pure teas go, I gravitate towards whites, yellows, and jade oolongs. I’m always open for trades and sample sale/exchanges. Message me any time :)

My cupboard on here is not up to date. See my stash here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-HjWKR3um-xEnj6HC9vMvKXOAyj_bpW5u_2ixEC20-k/edit?usp=sharing
Most of these are only tiny samples/I can’t always spare any, but feel free to ask.

Favourite flavours/ingredients:
Rum/alcohol, clove, cardamom, lychee, floral, milk/creamy, malt, hay, rice/grain, toasty, desserty, cocoa/chocolate, earthy, decaf or no caffeine, very unusual flavours

Favourite tea types
Decaf teas (any variety)/no caf tisanes, yellow, jade oolong, white

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Acidic/sour/tart, melon, grapefruit, bitter, astringent, smokey, sickly sweet (too much chicory, cinnamon, or licorice root), yerba mate, mushroom/fungus

Whey/milk/lactose, confectioner’s glaze, stevia, gelatin (marshmallows), animal products

BC, Canada