A few days ago, I was called by a lady who has come to tea at my house a couple of times. We met about twenty years ago but only had quick, passing emails once a year on homeschool association business so other than that first time we met, I didn’t really know her. Last year I invited her over for tea and she loved the teas she tried. A couple of months later she called and asked if she could bring her daughter, who likes tea but wanted to know more about it.

Last week she called again and said she saw something that just spoke my name to her and she had bought it for me, and she wanted to bring it over. It was a tea set with tray from Vietnam, with a Kyusu style side handle teapot and six cups and saucers. I was stunned and overwhelmed to say the least! Wow! People can be so incredibly nice!

So tonight, I made an Asian style vegetarian meal for my son and his girlfriend who are visiting us and I got this new set out and this tea after we ate.

I didn’t remove the leaves from the pot, but poured tea to all and added more water as we emptied the pot. I made three steeps this way.

It worked very well with this tea, I am pleased to say. It didn’t not become bitter or sour. It was not terribly strong, and reminded me of kale. I thought it was quite good for a post-meal tea. It had nice green leaf veggie flavor, wasn’t sour or bitter, and wasn’t super light like the Mao Feng I drank recently or like the Snow Bud tea last week.

that’s awesome!

Comments

that’s awesome!

I am a music teacher, tutor, and former homeschool mom (25 years!) who started drinking loose leaf tea about twelve years ago! My daughters and I have tea every day, and we are frequently joined by my students or friends for “tea time.” Now my hubby joins us, too. His tastes have evolved from Tetley with milk and sugar to mostly unadorned greens and oolongs.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

I am also reviewing for Sororitea Sisters now!

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina