I cannot believe that I am now out of this amazing tea. Not all lapsang souchong is smoky. This one is decidedly not. It is, however, sweet and delicious. I can not imagine desecrating this beautiful tea with any sweetener, but to each his own. It is so sweet, rich, and creamy. It has bass notes and midtones and makes a lovely dance of flavor.

I chose to review this tea because I love it, and I wanted a tea I love to announce some great news. If you have read many reviews from me, you know that I frequently drink tea with my youngest daughter, and that she is really the one that got us started drinking hot tea here in the land of iced SWEEEEEEEET tea. She and I gave up sugar in our tea together. And she baked scrumptious things for so very many tea times with friends. She has been my tea and book buddy for many years.

We homeschooled all of our children all the way through school, kindergarten to graduation. She has been going to community college the past two years with plans to transfer to a four year university to major in biochemistry. This was the more economical route. She has had a fantastic experience at her school and acquired not one, but TWO associates degrees, and developed great friendships with a number of her professors. She will graduate with a 4.0 tomorrow.

Last week, we learned that she has been chosen to be a Goodnight Scholar at NCSU. This program is not just a scholarship, but an opportunity for community service, travel, meetings and dinners with leaders in your field, TED Talks, and much more. We are so happy for her, and there are few people in this world who will wring every ounce of good out of the opportunity like she will.

Because of the magnitude of this program, her college has had two interview sessions and three photoshoots, and then the local paper had an interview yesterday and a photoshoot today. All on top of final exams and speech writing, but she is really excited and has enjoyed meeting everyone.

Even though she is leaving home, she will not be too far away and she will be very near her big sis, Superanna, which makes this mom’s heart happy.

So tonight, the butterflies in my stomach are giving the butterflies in her stomach a run for their money. We look forward to crashing tomorrow afternoon and having nothing to do for a few days at least!

mrmopar

teepland

Congratulations to you and your daughter! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity for her!

that’s AMAZING and awesome news! Congrats to your daughter!

Maddy Barone

Huge congrats to her—and you!

Evol Ving Ness

Congratulations to all y’all! Well done, both of you!

tea-sipper

Congrats to you all! :D

LuckyMe

Bluegreen

Congratulations. When you are getting your kids to be passionate tea drinkers good things are bound to happen to them! And oh, this Lapsang Souchong Black is one of my favorits too.

Comments

mrmopar

teepland

that’s AMAZING and awesome news! Congrats to your daughter!

Maddy Barone

Huge congrats to her—and you!

Evol Ving Ness

Congratulations to all y’all! Well done, both of you!

tea-sipper

Congrats to you all! :D

LuckyMe

Bluegreen

I am a music teacher, tutor, and former homeschool mom (25 years!) who started drinking loose leaf tea about nine years ago! My daughters and I have tea every day, and we are frequently joined by my students or friends for “tea time.” Now my hubby joins us, too. His tastes have evolved from Tetley with milk and sugar to mostly unadorned greens and oolongs.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

I am also reviewing for Sororitea Sisters now!

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina