drank Vanilla Comoro by Harney & Sons

February Sipdown Prompt – a tea that reminds you of a favorite book

I am dismayed to come on here to make a tasting note and see that it was not listed in my cupboard. It is nearly always on shelf. Ah well, I have a couple of sipdowns coming up soon that will send numbers back in the right direction again.

This was a tough prompt. I decided to go with this one because it feels cozy like a good book in winter when days are short and nights are long and reading makes you feel twice tucked in – once tucked into your warm house with a blanket or shawl about you, and also tucked into your own mind, imagining a completely different world.

I have read that when people say they love the smell the smell of old books they are really detecting a vanilla-like aroma being given off by lignin in the paper. But I don’t associate books with vanilla from the actual smell, it is rather the feeling of warmth and comfort that comes with escaping for a little while into a world created by ink on a page and my own imagination. So this tea is a tribute to all the books I enjoy, and not just one.

Not on shelf, indeed. Hmmph.

I am a music teacher, tutor, and former homeschool mom (25 years!) who started drinking loose leaf tea about fourteen years ago! My daughters and I have tea every day, and we are frequently joined by my students or friends for “tea time.” Now my hubby joins us, too. His tastes have evolved from Tetley with milk and sugar to mostly unadorned greens and oolongs.

We have learned so much history, geography, and culture in this journey.

My avatar is a mole in a teacup! Long story…

North Carolina