I bought this for price only and to give it a try. I am not a big fan of young sheng but I can see this tea being something really good in the future. Theres no question that this is a high quality tea. The brick itself is a loosely compacted brick with huge leaves. The dry leaf had just about zero scent even after the initial rinse still no appreciable scent. But after a couple of rinses I finally got a around to drinking and the first infusion had some pretty strong astringency and a bit of bitterness and made my tongue numb. Not entirely pleasant. The next few infusions brought in citrus and stone fruit… not really a apricot or a peach flavor at least not a ripe peach or ’cot but more of a tart less ripe cot. Neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Third infusion brought sweetness and bitterness both, though the latter was much less than the second infusion the flavor which seems to be typical younger sheng completely engulfs the mouth… the flavor is intense and complex with the numbness still present but less. I can see where this tea will improve with age becasue even with my general aversion to young sheng i still look forward to drinking this in a year or so and giving it more time and consideration. No question thought with the sheer intensity and complexity that this tea will be excellent in the future.

To say a bit more about the leaf composition the brick is prettied up with some large leaves (one is about 4 inched long. but that covers up bits of chopped up material) but even the chopped up material is 3/4 to one inch in size. The brew color is yellow (at least under the florescent light of my desk. I’ll be picking up some more of this for my next order.

I’ve been drinking tea for about 15 years now. I started out with a couple of orders from Harney and Son and some local vendors and living in Utah good local tea vendors are very hard to come by… makes me think we might need another one, maybe mine?

SLC UT