My first sip of this was horrible. It tasted like eating vanilla icing, which isn’t something I tend to enjoy. I was all ready to give this a bad review and then I took a second sip and it mellowed out into a slightly sweet, smooth earl grey. Huh.

It smells interesting in the bag. A slightly odd mix of the bitterness of orange peel and the sweetness of intense vanilla. It brews up slightly darker than the usual earl grey and tastes fine. I’m not wowed but it won’t be a trial finishing off my sample. After that alarming first sip it’s not over-sweet at all, and in fact it could do with being somewhere more in between my first and second tastes. It does leave a chalky feel in the mouth, which I’ve noticed with other earl greys but don’t especially like.

Elizabeth, college student, anthropology major, bio and history minor. I love to travel and try new foods (and teas!). I also enjoy music, books, video games as often as I can get my hands on them.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Tea sometimes helps me feel better when chronic illness is making things hard. It’s also fun to experiment with!

I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything. My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, fruit, vanilla, and floral flavors (especially jasmine and rose). My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.