Granville Island Tea CoEdit Company
Popular Teas from Granville Island Tea CoSee All 72 Teas
Recent Tasting Notes
Sipdown! (finally) I’ve had this tea way too long. Two years now, maybe? Never buy huge quantities of a rooibos…you will get bored of the flavour and not want to drink it,
Coldbrewed with 2 tsp raspberry rooibos from Granville and 1 tsp chocolate black tea from India’s Tea. Mostly raspberry still, but a cocoa undertone to enjoy as well.
Flavors: Creamy, Raspberry, Rooibos, Sweet, Vanilla
Never again will I buy 400g of rooibos in one purchase. I still have all four rooibos flavours I bought from Granville. They are getting older, but 100g of each flavour takes a long time to drink.
Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Raspberry, Rooibos, Sweet
This tea is very sweet and rooibos-y but there is not a lot of apple flavour or apple pie spices. It smells like sweet apple pie, but I wish the flavour was a bit stronger. The nice thing about this tea is you can keep the tea bag in and it never gets too strong or bitter.
Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Fruity, Rooibos, Spices, Sweet
No notes yet. Add one?
Flavors: Apricot, Berry, Fruity, Stonefruits, Tannin
No notes yet. Add one?
Flavors: Apricot, Bitter, Fruity, Milk, Stonefruits, Tannic, Tannin, Tea
Day 5 of Lion’s Week of Tea challenge
Thursday | Black tea
I drank the decaf version last night with milk and it was quite tasty., the milk offset the bitterness and overly tannic flavour that this black tea often has. I recommend trying this at least once as a latte. The creaminess from the milk also mixes really well with the undertone of stonefruits (peach and apricot most notably)
Flavors: Apricot, Bitter, Fruity, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet, Tannic, Tannin
Cold Brew Sipdown (144)!
Not a real sipdown; I strained my brew and made it through about half way before I just reached my limit. I can’t do the intense, cloying licorice root flavour that makes up like 90% of this blend. The remaining 10% is mint; but even the bit that pokes through is ruined by the licorice that engulfs everything with its grossness.
I had probably another 20g of this left, but I just threw it out. I can’t see myself ever finishing it, and I wouldn’t want to pass something this unpleasant onto someone else.