My first yellow tea, and I tasted the mango and the hazelnut the most dominant, but it was also very dry and reminded me of hay. Steeped it 3 times, but nothing particularly thrilled me. I’m totally biased to sweeter teas, but this one…it improved later on, but my first reaction wasn’t great. The taste reminded me of salt, sweat, and hazelnuts over wet socks. I think that the quality of the tea is solid, but does nothing for my preference. I only recommend it to experienced drinkers who know and like this type of tea. Everyone else, especially newer drinkers, would not enjoy it. Don’t let that detract you from trying What-Cha. Everything else that I’ve had has been of a great, strong quality.

Flavors: Drying, Hay, Hazelnut, Mango, Salt, Sweat

Rasseru

Salt, sweat, and wet socks? Lol

Comments

Rasseru

Salt, sweat, and wet socks? Lol

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong

The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
The best Dancong Period.

What-Cha:
Nepal Jun Chiyabari ‘Himalayan Tippy’ Black Tea
Lishan (I’m always stocking up on it)

My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU graduate about to become a high school social studies and history teacher. I formerly minored in anthropology, and I love Egyptian and classical history. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now drink most teas gong fu, especially oolong. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, almost anything from Nepal, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA